Prices You'll Fall For - Get Ready for Cold Weather for Less!
- Due to unforeseen circumstances as of 5/18/21, we will not be taking Drop Off appointments until further notice. We apologize for any inconvenience. -
First, we would like to thank you. We are absolutely thrilled that you've chosen to sell to us. We know it can be hard. You aren't just selling "stuff", you are parting with some great memories from your little ones' childhood.
We get asked about this a lot. We have a very small staff, and with the current pandemic we have moved all selling to BY APPOINTMENT ONLY. This helps with day-to-day "crowd control" and opens up more days for drop offs. To schedule an appointment, call us at 814-315-4001 during normal business hours of Tuesday thru Friday 10 am - 5 pm and Saturdays 10 am - 4 pm. (Phone tag can be fun, but with limited staff, we prefer you call when we are in store and able to schedule you.)
We ask that you use our side Seller's Entrance for all drop offs. (It keeps the front of our store a little less congested.) Once you drop off your items, our staff will look over everything and select the very best items to stock our store. (Clothing should be freshly washed and folded and all electronic items should include batteries. Any items that appear to be stained, heavily soiled, covered in pet hair, or worn will not be taken.) An account is created for you, and your items are then priced and inventoried based on brand, demand, and overall quality. Then, depending on what we price the item, you will receive 25% - 40% of our price. Larger items like baby gear and furniture we try to offer you between 30% - 50% of our price. (This greatly depends on the item's date of manufacture, signs of use, accessories included, functionality, cleanliness, recalls, etc.)
You will receive a call back telling you how many of your items we have selected and how much you'll receive for everything. You then have 3 business days to pick up any unselected items and containers. (We wish we had unlimited space, but that isn't the case. Our sorting room fills up quickly. If you don't return for your items in the allotted time or make other arrangements with us, the unselected items and containers will be donated to our partners at The Mercy Center for Women or EUMA.)
When you pick up, we'll have you sign a quick form for your payout and we pay you in cash. You can also opt to keep your credit, plus a 10% bonus on your account for shopping in our store.
Just so we can be fair to everyone, we have had to update our policies on drop offs. **We ask that you limit drop offs to no more than 50 items (clothing, shoes, toys, books, dvds, etc.) and 2 large items (oversized toys or baby gear). Also, at this time, we can only accept 1 drop off per household, per month.**
Do items have to be on hangers?
- No, your items don't have to be on hangers. We want to save you time. We also have to store some seasonal items, and it's easier if they aren't on hangers.
What types of containers should I use for my items?
- We ask that you use a sturdy tote or plastic laundry basket for drop offs. Trash bags will not be accepted at this time.
Are you consignment?
- No, even better, we pay you cash for your items. There's no weird item fees or mark down schedules, no waiting around for things to sell, and no mailing checks based on your last name or quarter of the year or when the moon is full.
How do I get paid for my items?
- All payments are made in cash. We pay you either when you pick up any unselected items/containers or stop back in to shop.
When you drop off items, you have the option to donate anything unselected to our friends at either The Mercy Center for Women in Erie or EUMA - the Erie United Methodist Alliance. Your donations benefit some of their great programs in the Erie area and help to support their organization.
Copyright © 2021 Tootsie Winkles - All Rights Reserved.